Equipoise, sometimes referred to or marketed as Boldenone, is a powerful oil-based injectable steroid that has been combined with unique anabolic esters to extend and prolong the full release of this steroid while at the same time increasing its half-life as well.
Synthesized as a derivative of traditional testosterone, the most impressive thing about Equipoise is its unique ability to offer anabolic strength increases and lean muscle gain while at the same time limiting the number of androgenic effects produced by short and long-term use of this steroid.
Traditionally a product designed for veterinarian purposes, particularly with horses (which explains the equine sounding name), elite level athletes, bodybuilders, and weekend warriors looking to transform their body as quickly as possible have been taking advantage of Equipoise for years now.
A lot of this popularity has been built on the fact that Equipoise has much lower androgenic properties and much lower estrogenic activity than “pure testosterone” and more traditional anabolic steroids. A lot of bodybuilders out there compare this specific solution to a handful of other options on the market – but none of them has the same combination of compounds, the same combination of esters, or the same androgenic and estrogenic properties.
Equipoise is something special and truly distinct from the rest of the anabolic steroid options available right now.
Equipoise Effects on the User
- Equipoise – as a derivative of testosterone – is going to deliver the same kind of payload of results and properties, just without any of the side effects or androgenic/estrogenic impact on your body.
- Equipoise has an identical anabolic strength rating as testosterone (100) it also has the unique ability to act as an aromatizable anabolic steroid – converting into estrogen through direct interaction with the aromatase enzyme while at the same time lowering the estrogenic activity throughout your body.
- While Equipoise is still going to be converted into some form of estrogen, it’s going to be converted into a much smaller quantity of estrogen than testosterone would have been – cutting down on your side effects dramatically.
- You won’t see a total elimination of estrogenic side effects (which makes water retention still a bit of a big deal), but as a general rule the side effects you would have experienced with traditional anabolic steroids or testosterone hormones will be limited significantly.
- Increase your dosage of Equipoise and you increase the amount of testosterone that will be converted into estrogen this is pretty much common sense, and will expose you to higher levels of side effects – but even still though side effects will be significantly limited compared to what they may have been with “raw” testosterone other anabolic steroids.
- Possessing a very low androgenic strength rating, even lower than testosterone, if you are sensitive to androgenic side effects this is going to come as very good news.
- You’re still going to be able to expect fantastic results after using Equipoise, and you’ll experience a lot fewer side effects, but it’s important that you know exactly what you are getting into. You’ll see rock-solid lean muscle mass gains improve with just a little bit of extra water retention (depending upon your individual dosage).
- This is what helps Equipoise act like such a fantastic addition to your bulking stack, but you’ll probably want to leave it out a cutting stack for sure.
Equipoise Side Effects
Like any other steroid on the market today, you’re going to have to contend with the potential for side effects to pop up when you begin supplementing with Equipoise.
We’re talking about side effects that may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Increases in your regular blood pressure levels
- Increased instances of water retention and loading
- Increased weight gain and fat retention and
- The potential for gynecomastia to begin to take hold
You might also run into side effects that include oily skin, increased acne production, irregular body and facial hair growth, as well as the potential for male pattern baldness – if your genetics are predisposed to this condition the first place.
Inhibition of endogenous testosterone will also be apparent in users. Therefore a post cycle therapy (PCT) program will be needed after cessation of usage.
Dosing Recommendations for Equipoise
As a general rule, however, bodybuilders and athletes beginning with this chemical compound usually start off with between 300 mg and 500 mg of Equipoise per week. This can be cycled up to between 500 mg and 700 mg per week depending upon the impact it has on your body and how you respond. These dosages are very similar to the dosages you’d experience with traditional anabolic steroids and testosterone.
Women thinking about supplementing with Equipoise are going to want to start off with a considerably smaller dose. We’re talking about between 15 mg and 75 mg per week.
The trouble here though is that Equipoise has that extended half-life. This is going to slow down the production of blood plasma in the female body and may create some real headaches and hassles as far as your overall short and long-term health is concerned.
Equipoise cycles should run for a grand total of 14 weeks, with seven weeks on and seven weeks off. This is again a general rule for those that are just starting with this chemical compound, but most have found that it works fantastic even for those that have been using this steroid for years and years.
You can certainly stretch the cycle out a little bit – maybe to 16 weeks total, if your individual results trend this way – but your first few cycles should probably consist of seven weeks in seven weeks off just to get a feel for everything Equipoise brings to the table.